The power of letting go frees us to walk in our destiny and find the peace and soulfulness we all seek.
1. Let go of bitterness and unforgiveness towards others. Holding bitterness towards others keeps you stuck. Whatever people did or didn’t do, said or didn’t say in your past that you are upset about is holding you back from experiencing your best life. Learn to move on from angry feelings toward others. If you are an adult and you are still upset about what your parents did or said to you growing up, you have to learn to forgive them and let it go. I’m sure there are many people who may have grown up in an abusive or neglectful home. You may have a right to feel the way you do and experience the hurt or pain you feel, but don’t let it consume your life. Learn to find peace with it and move on with your life. Let go of feeling like someone owes you something. Once you become an adult, no one owes you anything. You owe it to yourself to create the best life you can for yourself.
2. Let go of unhealthy relationships- If you are in a relationship, that’s not making you happy, that’s not bringing you joy, that’s not helping you have your best life, and you need to let it go. Some of you are saying I’ve been married for 25 years, but you’ve been in hell 24 years. Let it go. Some of you have been in relationships for 10 years, and the man still hasn’t married you. Let it go. Don’t waste the best years of your life on someone that’s not valuing you the way you should be. You deserve to be treated special. You are worthy of the best love possible. If someone mistreats you, uses you, abuses you, talks down to you…Let it go. Love yourself enough to let it go and create your own best life.
3. Let go of bad habits and proclivities. What is your bad habit you need to let go of?? Is it being late, lying, stealing, cheating, laziness, eating, procrastination, swearing, drinking, and smoking? What are the bad habits you have developed over the years, and you are ready to make a change today? Bad habits are thieves. They rob us of so much. They rob us of our ability to accomplish goals, being in healthy relationships, our health, our joy, and peace. Taking control of your life and bad habits starts you on the journey to living a life of soulfulness. You will be a better you and better for the people in your life. Letting go of bad habits will take time and strength, and patience.
4. Let go of dead weight- What is dead weight? Anything and anyone that holds you back from you living your best life. If you are in a dead end job and have dreams of becoming an entrepreneur, that’s dead weight. If you have a friend that’s always draining you, that’s dead weight.
5. Let go of comparing yourself and your life to others. No, the grass is not greener on the other side. When you water your own grass and fertilize your own grass, your grass will be just as green. We compare ourselves to others, and we want what they have. Women get butt injections because they see other women with a big butt and think that’s what’s attractive to men, so to feel more attractive, they get a bigger butt. Be ok, with being the best you that you can be. Comparing your life to others stops you from truly living your best life.
Letting go is hard because we become accustomed to our current life. We become comfortable in dysfunction, and it becomes our normal, but you have to find the strength to say no to anything or anyone that does not contribute to your wellbeing. You deserve a life of maximum joy. Any type of abuse is not ok, not even when it comes to abusing yourself with drugs, alcohol, food, or any other type of destructive behavior. Say yes today to letting go. Say yes to living your best life and surrounding yourself with people who uplift you and not pull you down.